Tim Hughes offers commentary on leading worship, discussing the following points:
- We need to have times of high praise in our worship.
- We need to embrace musical dynamics
- DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t force things when leading worshiprong – and thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s fine; weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re all learning.
- Keep asking questions when you lead
- Lead by example
- When leading on just a guitar:
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Make sure your guitar is in tune
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Be really watchful that songs donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t drag – this can really kill a time of worship
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Check that songs arenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t too high – maybe take them down a key (e.g. Blessed be Your name – B to A, Consuming Fire – G to E)
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Make sure youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve had time to soundcheck your guitar and voice properly
7. Keep pushing yourself musically
alex mclean anne jackson art best of web bible birthday Blog brainstorm church community devotions events facebook family family stuff graphic design healer innovation leadership LOST macy miles movies murrieta nature news organization photos prayer quickies quotes Rancho Christian School rancho community Rancho Community Church reviews rich kirkpatrick SNL software taekwondo tech temecula TV twitter video worship