This week and weekend at Rancho Community were insane. Flat out insane.
- Our school is growing in the middle of a recession.
- Our first inaugural High School football team is 3-0.
- I get to help brand this school and it’s teams – we’re having so much fun!
- Our church has two very healthy campuses and a church plant and I get to help dream of more!
- I get to oversee the worship teams at Rancho and I’ve watched them grow and develop so much over the past year, and watched our church engage like never before.
- I get to help develop designs (series art, stage design, spirit wear, etc.), communication tools (facebook, twitter, websites, working with local press, etc.), and growth & organization tools to help Rancho grow.
I also get the opportunity to work with some crazy talented, and humble people, people like (in no particular order):
- Scott Treadway, our lead pastor. Well, of course I’m going to put him first – he might read this! And anything I say will sound like I’m placating, but this guy’s the real deal – great communicator, great leader. (and sometimes he tweets).
- Mike Johnson, our school’s superintendent – sounds all important, but he’s really a down-to-earth guy and a great friend.
- Julianna Morlet, one of our worship leaders – who also happens to be a pretty dang talented blogger too.
- Jeff Johnson, another one of our worship leaders – the guy who puts it all together.
- Brian Howley, our Tech Arts Director – the guy who, with his team makes it all happen.
- Ryan Beaver, one of my best friends who just so happens to be leading things over at our Murrieta Campus. (oh yeah, he doesn’t really tweet, or have a blog… yet.)
- Chris Stout, another great friend & our Tech support in Murrieta – one of the nicest, hard-working guys I’ve ever met.
- Marcy Rossi. Her ‘official’ title is ‘Executive Assistant’, but she builds, designs, imagines, and actually follows through. Let’s just say she built the 4D stage. by. her. self.
- Don Hallworth, our Executive Pastor of Ministries – this guy’s got more wisdom in his pinky than most people do in their entire body.
- Chad Fergerstrom, another one of our worship leaders – this guy brings order to chaos and makes Murrieta smooth every week.
- Robert Powell, another worship leader – I’ve made it no secret, my favorite worship leader, of all time. Don’t be afraid of the beard! Seriously, a gifted guy.
- Casey Riley, IT Director – this guy could probably do anything, and he’s here making things happen all over the place – crazy talented.
- And some of our amazing worship team members: Travis, Emily, Tyson, Justin, Jules, Brian, Jason, Ashley, Eric, Mikey, Joe, Crystal-Lee, Madison, Andrew.
- And of of course our tech team (many of whom I’ve yet to get to know!): Darrin, Randy, Michael, Dylan, John L, John J, Steven, Hanyu, Paul, Gary, Lance, Jeff, Adam & Matt.
- Oh yeah and this weekend we had the illustrious Rich Kirkpatrick on keys in Murrieta!
There’s a lot more people who make our organization go-round, including tons of volunteers who serve faithfully every weekend. This weekend was just a good reminder of what a privilege it is to be a part of something like Rancho.
How was your weekend?