It’s Spring Break, which hasn’t meant too much to me in a while. I’m not really a “Spring Break-er”, never was and for the past 10+ years, I can’t even remember ever talking about it. But, times have changed and (1) we have a first-grader, and (2) I work primarily for his school, all of which means: (1) a week off of homework and school for Miles, and (2) a week of of work for me = awesome.
Here’s some snapshot thoughts from Spring Break:
- Started with plans to camp at South Carlsbad
- RV needed new tires and had a water leak = we had to change our plans last minute
- Headed out to the Avi in Laughlin (cuz it’s cheap and has a good pool for the kids)
- Plus about the Avi = free wifi so I was able to do some catching up on google reader, technology, and basically check out some cool un-work-related stuff…
- Anyone mess around with Firefox’s new “Personas“? It’s pretty cool.
- All of the sudden, I am glad I don’t have an iPhone and that my Sprint renewal is coming up in Summer.
- We had a doppleganger of Dexter in the Spa with us the other night = a little freaky.
- The waiter from Birdcage, Agador, works at the Avi Cafe.
- Trying to finish this book, and reading this one for fun.
- I found this lobby display that I’m using as inspiration for a new lobby display at Rancho Community.
- Found a really good article on which online company to use for Photo Books here.
- Does anyone else go to Barnes & Noble and read magazines for hours and take pages of notes? I do; I read Layers Magazine, Photoshop Creative, Mac World, CMYK, etc…
- Excited about heading to Catalyst West Coast next week – who’s going? Will there be a Tweetup #Catwest?
- Easter was awesome! My second Easter not “working”, so we celebrated by volunteering @ranchocommunity. After church we headed over to the Marcelino’s for a great afternoon. Photos are here.
- Macy turned four on April 9th. We celebrated by going to the Original Pancake House with family & friends – thanks everyone who came & made it special! Photos are here.
Lastly (since I’m not regularly blogging), Jen’s Grandpa, Mel Green passed on on Sunday, April 11. I’ll do a post soon with more info on his life, in the mean time, please keep Jen’s family in your prayers.
Thanks for reading!