We’ve been getting the itch to go on a road trip. But not just any road trip, a 5000 mile, 14 state, 15 day road trip! Now, we’re still not sure if this is really going to happen – but we’re moving ahead like it will.
Here’s a quick look at our plan, which of course is subject to change:
- Day 1 – drive to Cedar City, Utah
- Day 2 – drive to Stapleton, Colorado
- Day 3 – in Stapleton
- Day 4 – drive to Kansas City, Missouri (or all the way to St. Louis)
- Day 5 – drive to St. Louis
- Day 6 – drive to Decatur, Alabama
- Day 7 – in Decatur
- Day 8 – drive up to Nashville, Tennessee
- Day 9 – drive to Mobile, Alabama
- Day 10 – drive to New Orleans, Louisiana
- Day 11 – drive to Dallas, Texas
- Day 12 – in Dallas
- Day 13 – drive to Amarillo, Texas
- Day 14 – drive to Phoenix, Arizona
- Day 15 – drive back to SoCal
We want to reach out to our blogging friends and ask for your help:
- If you live in or near some of these areas, what are some ‘must see’ things? We’re looking for fun things to do as a family, funky places to check out, you know what I mean…
- Maybe you live in some of our stops and just want to do a quick meet up? We’re looking forward to meeting some of our blogging friends face to face.
- Any advice on taking a 6 year old and a 3 year old across 5,000 miles of Americana?
- And lastly, my birthday is March 10 – we think we’ll celebrate in Nashville on Monday, March 9. We’re hoping to hook up with whoever is around the area that evening and just hang out.
So, I’m setting up a Road Trip page where we’ll keep everyone updated on the preparation & the trip – of course we’ll twitter all the way as well. Chris is gonna let me borrow his D90 so we should get some sweet photos. Please feel free to either comment here, or there.