Driving through Kansas. YouÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d think there wouldnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t be too much to say. Not soÃ¢â‚¬Â¦
- ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s windy, really windy. Tumble weeds blowing all over the place. Jen can barely keep the Suzuki on the road.
- ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s hot! ThatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s right 80 degrees!
- Read about Kansas on Wikipedia and we learned a ton! One little tidbit: Kansas is actually NOT the flattest state in the US (itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s more like the 20th to 30th). Another one Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Kansas holds the record for the 5th hottest state Ã¢â‚¬â€œ number 1? California.
- The State Troopers were on us likeÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ well you know how the saying goes. Jen was driving, and she was doing real close to the speed limit. We could just tell that they were looking for a reason to pull over a California driver. I guess we got lucky (so far so good!).
- Found a Red Box at a McDonald’s right off the freeway – score!
- We stopped at a local Walmart to pick up a new power-inverter (the one I got stopped working or something). Anyway, I saw a one-armed cart person. My checkout guy was named Bob. He knew everyone who came through the check stand, except me of course. And as I was exiting the store, I looked at my phone and 2 good olÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ boys were walking towards me Ã¢â‚¬â€œ one of them said, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Is that some kind of GPS? Did yÃ¢â‚¬â„¢all lose yer car in the parking lot?Ã¢â‚¬Â.
- Haven’t seen a California plate since we left Colorado.
Yeah, weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re in the HeartlandÃ¢â‚¬Â¦