So day 3 was our day in Denver with our friends, the Smiths. Jimmy and I have been friends for quite a while now Ã¢â‚¬â€œ we worked together at Life Church for a few years and have stayed connected ever since. Jen & Amanda were good friends as well and we all used to hang out when they lived in Temecula. Jimmy is now the executive pastor at a church in Stapleton, Colorado.
So hereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a little mind-dump of our day in Denver.
- Our complimentary breakfast, rocked: Rice Crispies, Fruit Loops, scrambled eggs, English muffins, bananas, apples, coffee, apple juice, orange juice. All of this while watching the local business people walking to work Ã¢â‚¬â€œ it was awesome!
- Jen just about had a heart attack each time we got in the elevators. I think theyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re the original elevators from when the hotel was built at least 100 years ago?! They randomly stop at floors, the push-buttons get stuck, and it always jerks to a stop after the first floor. Needless to say, the kids LOVED it!
- Our room was on the 14th floor, which Miles absolutely LOVED. We had a corner room with a rounded window all the way around that looked over downtown. The kids loved looking out it.
- We had 1 king-size bedÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ enough said.
- The ChildrenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Museum was AMAZING! We went there with the Smiths and their two girls and they pretty much spent the entire morning there. I took a bunch of pictures.
- We headed over to Stapleton for Lunch Ã¢â‚¬â€œ AnthonyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Pizza. The kids chowed, as did we. Stapleton is a cool little community Ã¢â‚¬â€œ all new & trendyish.
- After lunch it was naptime, so we headed over to the SmithÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s & put the kids down. Jimmy & I went to check out his office & peruse the closing down Circuit City Ã¢â‚¬â€œ no deals.
- When we got back to the SmithÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s we spent about an hour trying to find a babysitter for the kids with no luck Ã¢â‚¬â€œ so we decided to head back into Downtown Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 16th Street.
- Walk down 16th Street, some downtown Denver culture.
- Dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery (highly recommended).
- Dessert at Johnny RocketÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s (not so highly recommended)
- Walked through the lobby of the Brown Palace.
- And then we ended the evening by watching LOST (a whole hour before all our west-coast friends Ã¢â‚¬â€œ awesome!)
- A great day!
IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll post pictures along with all this as soon as I get a reliable fast internet connectionÃ¢â‚¬Â¦