I posted on Ed Young’s Church Pirate rant a couple weeks ago and we had some discussion here about it. I’ve also gotten a few emails about it. I commented on Ed’s blog and of course I was moderated, buh-bye! Now Christianity Today has picked up on the trail, and they’ve got some interesting comments going over there. Just wanted to keep y’all informed. I think this is a very interesting discussion. Some additional thoughts.
- I still respect Ed Young as a leader and pastor, remembering that he is still just a man
- I still think his choice of language makes me want to gag
- I think that leaders who find success become fearful of losing (anything)
- I think that there’s enough lost people (and money) for anyone who wants to plant a church, especially in America
- I think that we’ve got WAY bigger fish to fry
Here’s another fun post on the subject.