On Thursday, June 7th, 2012, Macy graduated from Kindergarten. I’m writing this post to celebrate her and so that we don’t forget all the little things that she’s accomplished and the little things that make her so special.
As Macy wrapped up Kindergarten at Rancho Christian School, she really blossomed:
- She’s doing very well at reading
- She can write well too, although she’s a little sloppy – we like to think she’s a more “outside the lines” kind of girl
- She wrote a two page report on Dolphins – her favorite animal (this month anyway)
- Her teacher said that her unique quality was that she was a good friend and always tried to include everyone
- Her favorite part of Kindergarten was Art
Some of the things that make Macy such a special little girl are:
- She loves to take care of people – she’s the first one with band-aids or a damp paper towel when someone gets hurt
- She love to color and draw – I think she gets it from her older brother
- She loves her younger sisters
- She loves her brother, but loves to annoy him too
- She can’t decide if she’s a princess or a tom-boy – some days she comes out with fancy dresses on and some days it’s her brother’s old clothes
- It takes Macy four times as long as anyone in the house to do pretty much anything, but when she sets her mind to it she can do whatever she puts her mind to
- She’s very clumsy
- She can sing beautifully (like her mom)
After she finished her graduation ceremony and class party, Jen and I pulled her aside to give her a little present and tell her how proud we were of her. I told her about how God knew her before she was even born, and has every day of her life planned, and that her mom and I would be there for her every one of those days. Jen gave her her present, which was a little cross necklace to remind her of this truth. I think we both held back tears as we put it on her and watched her bounce back into her class with all her little friends. We are truly blessed.
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.