So I have been messing around with the Macbook Pro (2.2 Intel Duo Core with 2GB or RAM) for a day now, here’s the latest:
- The packaging is sick
- It looks like a Porshe (which is good because it costs about the same)
- Love the magnetic power plug
- Love the remote (until I lose it)
- Love the effects / widgets
- Love the backlit keyboard
- Love that my Logitech trackball mouse worked immediately
- Seems pretty fast, but I haven’t loaded the CS software yet
- Love me that Universe screen saver!
- No touch sensitive pad (for clicking)
- No right click, although the two finger deal isn’t bad
- It seems to get way hotter than my Dell 700m
- The internet is flat not working right; I mean come on man! I am sitting here blogging on a 3 year old Dell (which still rock & roll’s) and I’ve got a brand new Macbook Pro sitting there scoffing at me. Seriously! I did the whole speedband test and everything is perfect. I am hooked up to my home network which is cable through a Linksys router. But “most” pages take days to load, music won’t stream continuously (my own home iTunes network!), some downloads came right through, while others just never even hooked up. I’ve used Safari (which I’ve got a great name for that I can’t share out loud), Firefox, and Camino.
So the computer, other than Pro-Presenter, is pretty much useless right now – it is seriously over there laughing at me. Once I load up CS3 it should be more useful, but for all the hype, I am pretty bummed right now. Maybe I’m the idiot and there is a setting wrong, maybe the wireless card is bad, maybe I could call Apple Care, maybe I could add 4 extra hours to the day, and grow a money tree in the backyard too…