There’s a few things lately that have been driving me nuts. And I just need to get them off my chest.
- Fox LA does a live stream of their morning news. It never works right, it jumps skips, stops for no reason, etc. And whoever administrates it leaves it on during commercial breaks so you hear the newcasters talking, sometimes see them getting makeup, or you’ll hear the helicopter guy just blabbering away – it’s really weird. I think they should get kudos for putting the news online for free, but they should really watch it sometime and figure out how to make it work right.
- Google’s new iGoogle page really bugs me. First, gmail doesn’t work right – none of the hyperlinks work. I have to actually open Gmail up in a new window for the links to work.
Second, my Google Reader widget stopped working the right way. I used to be able to click on a title and read the post right there in the widget, as well as star it, share it, etc. Now when I click on the post title, it takes me directly to the blog post home. Really annoying.
And lastly, for some reason, my iGoogle page always wants to open halfway down the page, so I always have to scroll up to see Gmail, and Google Reader. (I’m using the latest version of FireFox on a MBP).
- My keys. I hate things in my pockets. Wallets, phones, keys, guitar picks, coins, paper, receipts, whatever – drives me nuts! So I put my keys on a carabener – which worked well for a while. But since our church has moved into our own building my keys have grown exponentially! Here’s what I’ve got right now:
- House Key
- Ford Truck Key
- Suzuki Key & Remote
- Master Key to Church
- Master Key to our Unplugged Venue
- Key #1 to Youth Room
- Key #2 to Youth Room
- Key #3 to Youth Room
- Key #4 to Youth Room (don’t ask…)
- Key to something important (I can’t remember, but I know I need it)
- Key to the AC boxes at Church
- My MBP is very dirty and I haven’t cleaned it in over a month. That drives me nuts and it’s all my fault
- People’s excuses as to why they didn’t do what they said they would do. And my failure to call them on things and just stew. That’s all my fault too… (working on this one, maybe not such a little thing)
- When I forget a username/password combo to something I need ‘right now’. Then you click the ‘forgot username or password’ button, and it says it will email you, and it doesn’t… The email arrives 24 hours later and becomes completely useless.
- The fact that I am an internet geek, and I love football, and I still can’t make the time to setup my fantasy football team each week, so I get my butt kicked. (Dallas didn’t help me much this weekend either!)
- Church Announcements, oh wait that’s not a little thing, more on that later.
- Church Bulletins, oh wait that’s not a little thing either, more coming on that later as well…
- And lastly, we bought a Suzuki XL7 last year and we thought it was so cool that it has all these help lights that come on to tell you what’s wrong with the car. We’ve come to realize that these are the most annoying things known to mankind. The ‘tire pressure’ light comes on randomly – sometimes in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon, sometimes all day, whatever… then you go to fill up the tire, and it’s already at the right PSI.
That’s all, just had to get it out. What are the little things that annoy you?