The big “33”, I’m calling it the “Jesus Year” for obvious reasons. I’m not really sure how I’m supposed to feel or what to say. I can’t believe I’m 33. I don’t feel 33. I’m not sure I look 33, and I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not. I wonder a lot if people take me seriously because of that.
In my 33 years I’ve:
- Traveled to more than half of the 50 states
- Traveled to England & Scotland (saw my family Castle)
- Been on more Mexico Missions Trips than I can count
- Wasted a lot of potential at school
- Worked as a paper boy, landscaper, delivery boy, at McDonald’s, sandwich artist, at a music store, as a drum teacher, as a guitar teacher, as a graphic designer, air conditioning installer, sign shop manager, home framer, snowboard maker, worship leader, youth pastor, media arts pastor, and now executive pastor.
- Gone to Bible College
- Married my best friend
- Became a Dad, twice!
- Made a lot of mistakes
- Moved into 3 very different parts of California
- Surfed like crazy with my buddy John
- Mountain Biked like crazy with my brother inlaw, Kevin
- Drove a Pontiac Sunbird, Volkswagon Bug, Ford Explorer, Ford Focus, Ford Ranger, and Suzuki XL7
- Been a part of 6 churches, serving and or working at 3 of those
- Fell in love with Photoshop
- Switched from Mac to PC and back to Mac again
- Did I mention the mistakes?
- Made my own decision to follow Christ at Hume Lake while in Junior High
- Spent about a year being angry with God
- Bought a house / Sold a house
- Learned a TON
Oh I’m sure there’s more, but at the risk of boring the reader, I’ll move on. So I am thinking about the next 33 years. What will these next 33 years look like, and what to I want/expect to see?
- 41 years of marriage (33 + 8)
- Watching Miles & Macy: grow up, graduate high school, college, get married, or whatever they choose to do
- Becoming a grandparent (yeah I know that’s really out there, but I know it will come too soon)
- Being able to tell stories of God’s faithfulness in my life, and my families life
- Staying faithful in ministry
- Planting a church?
- Writing a book, or books
- Producing albums?
- Traveling and speaking
- Writing music
- Designing & Building a home?
- Becoming Missionaries?
- Visiting Europe
- Visiting Australia
- Visiting Africa
- Heck, visiting the entire globe
I’m not really sure what this all means, just some random rambling from a 33 year old!