Access Elevation had a interesting post on their ‘office journey’ as a church plant, saying:
one of my strongest recommendations I can give is to get some offices ASAP
…spend some time finding a place for all the boxes you want to hire and fill to actually work.
I’ve been in church planting for about 12 years now in 2 churches. Neither had offices, until now. We’ve been in our offices for about 3 months now and it’s been quite a change of lifestyle. For example:
- My wife & kids are used to their dad being around, even though I did a lot of running around and meeting
- I spent a lot more time out in the community meeting with people, doing lunches, etc.
- I don’t feel like I get as much ‘work’ done at the office, but I do spend a considerable amount of valuable time with our staff now (maybe that’s my new ‘work’)
- I get pulled in multiple directions when I am at the office
- I feel like I’m always cleaning my desk/office!
- If I can get some marked out ‘alone’ time at the office I can get an amazing amount accomplished
Those are just a couple things that have been awkward in the transition. But what I really want to know, is do you agree with the Elevation guys? I mean their church is kickin’ butt all over NC! How do you feel about offices & office hours? How does this play out in your church?