Well our AVIOM gear showed up yesterday. Went over to Chris’ house to unpack it all – very cool. We got enough to run 16 channels into 7 units – a good start I think. 3 of the units are the control surfaces for rackmount versions which we are planning to hook up to wireless packs ASAP (we forgot to order them – imagine that!).
Today we went down to the school to rewire everything in preparation for using them. We pulled our Midas Venice 32 out of the mix and replaced it with our newly repaired (well, almost repaired…) Allen & Heath GL3300 40 channel board, yeah we’re still analog. We cleaned up the tech tabl, which was a complete mess of wires and power supplies, CD’s and DVD’s, pens and trash, even found a crunchy old donut (yummy).
We were able to get everything working again plus adding the AVIOM gear to the mix. This weekend we should be able to have 3 units controlling 3 stage mixes – we’ll have to wait on the in-ears for a bit. So hopefully all goes well. One step closer!
Check out the time-lapse: