I’ve got a life motto that’s just an unwritten rule: Always Get Better. Maybe it’s a sickness. I’m the guy who always sees room for improvement, always – it’s just who I am. So, I tend to be (a) very hard on myself, and (b) very hard on those around me. I try and balance it with tons of grace – I’m learning.
Here’s some areas I’m experiencing success in getting better:
- My relationship with my wife
- My relationship with my kids
- My relationships with our church staff
- Implementing structure & growth strategies at our church
- Re-branding and redefining some key spiritual growth “connectors” at our church
- Launching a youth band
- Organizing ONE VOICE, a local worship event
Here’s some areas I’m not experiencing success, and thus refocusing on:
- Structured & consistent time in prayer and God’s word
- Physical fitness
- Financial fitness
- Time management
- Blog/Social Media Addiction (this can directly effect #1 on the first list)
So I ask for prayer, ideas, tools, encouragement, and just support. Another of my life goals is to stay “teachable”. I never want to stop developing as a: Husband, Father, Leader, Musician, Artist, Steward, Blogger, Friend, Son, Brother, Human Being. The future excites me, I want to learn how to harness it more and take advantage of the position God has put me in – for his Glory, so that I might be an encouragement to others to follow me as I follow Christ. Yeah, that’s a tall order.