Can’t sleep. It’s been a while since I’ve found myself in this position. I used to suffer from some mild sort of insomnia, balanced with a healthy dose of work-o-holisicm. I don’t know what happened but over the last couple years I’ve learned to shut down and spend more family time in the evenings. Since then I’ve been sleeping better.
Miles woke us up at 2:30am with a bad dream. Took him about 15 minutes to get back to sleep. I never did go back to sleep. So I’m now blogging and contemplating what to do next… Here’s some thoughts:
- We’re launching an “unplugged” venue that will run at the same times as our other services on Sundays, have live worship & show recorded video teaching. We’re launching in a week and a half and we’re not ready. But that’s never stopped us before.
- I’m getting very tired of these spam comments, “Your post makes one think! Great article. Thanks for allowing me to comment!”.
- Twitter’s been overtaken by the DNC, the RNC, and Chrome, none of which excite me much.
- Read this and this and let’s just say I’m not feeling to hot right now.
- Jen and I are starting what she’s calling a “cabbage soup” detox tomorrow (I guess that’s today). I’m (a) not looking forward to it, but am committed to it, and (b) it has nothing to do with Matt’s 9 day detox that he’s doing – but it is cool that we’re doing the same sort of thing at the same time.
- I still don’t really get the difference between categories & tags.
- I’m currently working on redoing our main church website with a friend. It’s coming along nicely – I think.
- Jen and I are sharing at a marriage conference this weekend. I feel totally under-qualified.
- I still want to start a once a month local blogging seminar. Every time I talk about it there’s a buzz, so expect some news soon.
- Miles started taekwondo today (and when I did the spell check on that word “Wonderbra” came up). We think he’s gonna really like it. It’s weird “growing up” we keep plugging in these attachements to the community. Miles was in soccer, now’s he’s in kindergarten and taekwondo. He’s also in AWANA. Macy’s still at home all the time, but Jen wants to get her into dance and next year she’ll go into preschool. It’s all brand new to us.
Alright, I killed about 20 minutes on this post. Just some thoughts for the morning. I hope you all have a great day. I’m either going to crash for another 2 hours or just get up and get started. Either way, today should be fun being half awake.